Tuesday 27 December 2011

Our Continued Path

Our Logo.
Our auction started as a small event.  An idea from one of our first members.  We wrote a few letters and got a few donations.  I think about 35-40 people came to the first one.  It went well.  It was fun.  We donated the money to the CIBC Run for the cure.  And the auction was born as a yearly event. 

Except it grew.  Each year it grew bigger and better.  We out grew our first venue and moved to the hall.  I will be forever grateful for the support that came from the whole town of Qu'Appelle.  They show up every year, they donate and they help spread the word of what we do.  As we grow so does our support.  It is amazing to see.

Each year I have spoke at our event.  I have been president for almost the whole of FFOH existence.  So each year they let me talk.  And each year it takes my breath away when I look out and see all of the women that come and help us.

Now we have to cap our ticket sales at 160 women.  Our first auction raised about 3000.00 dollars.  Our last auction raised 18000.00 dollars.  We get many volunteers to help us make the work lighter.
People put their faith in us to do what we do for others.  It is an honor.

Thanks, today, for the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment