Friday 15 March 2013

Sequestered

So here I am, in Humbolt.  Not that Humbolt is bad.  It seems like a great little town.  A&W, IGA, Timmies and more.  Everything we need right?  I just feel very far away. 

It took about 3 1/2 hours to get here because the roads are pretty poor.  Luckily though I don't have to move until March 23 now.  I don't mind that much, looking at the weather outside.  When I am done I will write a test on Saturday and come home right after and then head to the auction.  After this week I should be done my learnin' for a while. 

The ladies of FFOH are in full swing.  Donation items have to be in tomorrow and will be sorted out on Monday night.  Items are being dropped off in rapid fire succession.  A really cool plant stand from Indian Head Agencies, a purse from Tru-Fit Denture, Inverness Consulting, some awesome pottery, Blairs, Saskmade Market Place, a cool gift basket from The Pink Tree, Thee Lingere Shoppee, Co-op Refineries, Rider jersey, Matt Inglis, the Geis family, and the list goes on and on.  As usual, an astounding display from our community.  There will be a whirlwind of activity for the whole group this week. 

Strange things happen as our group reaches further out.  Things like Richie Brothers reaching out to help auctioneer.  Our long time auctioneer, Troy Douglas, graciously stepped up and agreed to share the huge job of auctioning off our items.  This is the amazing thing.  People are coming out to offer to help us.  This is truly when our long time supporters shine through.  The people who truly care about FFOH are the ones that put themselves aside and recognize the outside help and work with it. You really see the true side of great people in situations like this.  So Troy, my hat is off to you yet again.  Ten years of amazing support and the graciousness and help extends even further.  We cannot thank you enough. 

We have great guys to auction off this year.  We can't wait to see how the man servents will go this year, or as Troy calls them the man-whores.  Again we have had people contacting us to volunteer.

It's all very cool.

And because I am very blessed through my work with FFOH, awesome things happen to me.  Recently, this became very apparent.  I was very humbled to find out that friends of FFOH, folks that we met through an applicant, Garry and Pam Frigon from Lisa B Originals, have nominated me for a YWCA Woman of Distinction Award in Community Leadership & Enhancement category.
I am very grateful for this nomination.  I won't lie, winning would be super cool, but just that fact that people thought enough of me to nominate me, write and collect the letters of support, and stand behind me, takes my breath away.  

You all know I am not a real emotional sort but reading all of the letters from people that I thought would hardly even remember me, let alone care enough to write a letter, put a huge lump in my throat.  Not to mention the people that I know well that sent in a letter without me knowing a thing. 

I will keep you posted on how it works out but for now, know that I can not keep count of my blessings.  Thank you all. 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment