Thursday 9 February 2012

Goals!

In my life I feel that goals are important.  Without goals how would you ever know when you are done, when you have achieved anything, and most importantly, when to reward yourself. 

Forever Friends has tried to set goals for itself.  Each year when we have our annual general meeting we try to set a goal for ourselves that gives us something to shoot for and helps to focus our efforts. 

Our goal in the last year was to get people who are in contact with cancer patients to know who we are so we can reach out to people through them. We have accomplished that goal. Now because we were successful, we have lots more applicants. So our goal for next year is having some other groups do some fund raising in our name. We have already heard of one group that is planning to do this so it's looking like we might achieve this as well.

With more applicant's we need more money.  It costs us between 800 to 900 dollars for prosthesis and bras.  Wigs are around 300 dollars.  Some of the women we have helped needed 800 dollars per month just to make it through.  I have in the past called myself a fund raising whore.  I will do almost anything to help FFOH raise  money.  ALMOST anything. 

So I now have focused on the goal to get other groups to do some fund raising for us.  Ultimately it would be great if we could get satellite groups to join in.  That might be next years goal.  Although if someone sees this and wants to get involved we are all for it.  Feel free to contact me, I read all my comments.  I would love to have more.  We welcome all donations for the auction and Saskatchewans Got Talent.  (This is our fall fundraiser.  AKA Scariest Night of Danah's life.)

I really appreciate all the shares and reads.  Thanks to you all for the time you have shared with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment