Sunday 26 February 2012

Defining Success!

Success without fulfilment is failure.  Tony Robbins

I have been blessed.  We have gone over this before.  Sometimes success seems very elusive.  I also don't know that I feel successful.   I'm not sure who defines success.  I feel that if I walked around telling people that I'm successful that it might put people off, sound cocky and rude.  And success itself is an unsure term.  On months when we have no money, success is keeping the lights on.  On other months, its having enough money left over to go out for supper. 

However that is in my real life.  My Forever Friends life is much easier to measure.  When I stand on the stage at our auction each year, I look out at all the women that have come to help us.  I see all the women that have trusted us with their hard earned money.  Trusted us to pass it on and contribute, make a difference.  I see them laughing, having fun.  Each year it takes my breath away.  I grip my composure and try to convey in a few words what all those women mean to me, to all of us on the board.  When I see that, I see success. 

When my phone rings and I hear a woman's story.  Hear her voice cracks as she tries not to cry.  Or when I return a message left on my phone and I ask to speak to her and a child's voice say "Mommy the phone is for you" And then I listen to her story.  I can say "We can help you."  That is fulfilment.  And with that fulfilment comes huge amounts of success.   

So in my real life, I'm not sure where I stand.  But with Forever Friends we are hugely fulfilled and therefore successful. 

Thanks again for the reads!

No comments:

Post a Comment