Thursday 1 March 2012

Tickets! And a reason to buy tickets or support us in any way!

"Mommy don't be dead!  Please don't be dead"

One of the ladies we helped in the last year wrote these words in her cancer story that so often is attached to application forms.  She had her mastectomy on December 22.  Was sent home from the hospital on December 23 and was cleaning her drains and passed out from the pain on Christmas eve and woke up to her daughter sobbing these words over her.  She refused to go with the ambulance because she didn't want to leave her young teenage daughter alone on Christmas.  And I use the term Christmas loosely because they were losing 800 dollars per month just to keep the lights on and  household operational.  Christmas was very sparse.  But she was alive and they were together. 

And this is why I do what I do, why the board of Forever Friends does what we do.  And this is why support of those around us is so important. 


Tickets go on sale today (March 1, 2012) for the Ladies Night Out Auction.  The auction is coming together very nicely! 
I will list some sponsors for you guys to support.  Sasktel, Sask Power, Sask Tourism, The Lilaberte family, The Geis family, Lisa B Originals, Globe Theatre, Folk fest in Saskatoon, Prime Meats, The Pink Tree, The Nichols family, Saskmade Market Place, Qu'Appelle Branch of the South East Regional library, Association of Regina Realtors, Prime Meats, Gee Bee Construction, The Hysuick family and more coming all the time!  Thanks to you all.  After the auction, you will be able to go to our website and connect directly to all of our supporters. 

I do have some exciting announcements for the fall Saskatchewan's Got Talent evening as well.
We have 5 sponsors on board Gold-Iverness Consulting Silver- Gee Bee Construction and ISC Bronze- Indian Head Agencies and Payless has donated an area rug for the silent auction. 

The words I started this blog with haunt me.  I have to admit it.  Each time I think of them, my breath catches in my throat.  "Out of the mouths of babes"  When everything else is stripped away, that is what is left. 

Thank you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment