Sunday 4 March 2012

Next Up ...Lora

A lack of sight is not a lack of vision.  (I don't know who wrote this but it wasn't me.)

Although not being able to see the call display may explain why she keeps answering my phone calls.  Lora has been involved in more than one of my crazy do-gooder plans over the years.  But the biggest is FFOH.

Lora has been a member of FFOH from the beginning.  She helps where ever and when ever needed.  She hardly ever misses a meeting.  And I will add that her husband has not missed a single auction.  He has sold drink tickets, waited tables, worked the bar, and helped with set up and tear down of every single one.  In fact this year when getting our guys lined up, I didn't even ask, I just wrote his name down.  I knew I could count on him.  

Lora is a pretty amazing person.  She babysits kids.  Lots of kids.  She does some respite for foster moms in the area.  She bakes, cleans, cooks, volunteers and supports all the causes that her kids are involved in.  With her family by her side they are very active in the Flatland Cruisers (A car club with some pretty awesome cars!) They seem to go every weekend to car shows and camping. 

Oh yeah and she is legally blind.  I use the term "legally" here because I know that's the wording but she has more vision than a lot of people I meet. 

So I have a question for you.  If you don't help out at your kids school, volunteer at the odd event, or attend your kids basketball games, whats your excuse?

Thanks everyone! 

And by the way, feel free to "follow" the blog.  As I am learning, the more "followers" a blog has the easier it is to get sponsorship because of the "following"  Over to the side of the blog there are a couple of ways to follow.  ----> Don't worry Mom, filling in the info will not open you up to identity theft.  It will be fine. 

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa manshande5 March 2012 at 08:21

    Danah i couldn't have said it any better you hit the nail right on the head

    ReplyDelete