Wednesday 21 March 2012

Countdown

Today is the Wednesday before the auction.  I am feeling a bit overwhelmed.  Every year is the same.  I get a few days of terror, about ten thousand emails and a few phone calls.  We get some last minute donations.  Try really hard to not miss anyone on our sponsor list.  We get over a hundred donations so it is tricky to make sure we get everyone thanked properly.  It really is a great problem to have! 

I have my dress bought.  Our theme is old grad/bridesmaid dresses this year to add to the celebration. They aren't mandatory.  We are just hoping it will add to the party, to the special atmosphere.  We have a complete sell out.  We have our desserts bought for our dessert buffet, (Thanks Double TT) our liquor ordered (Thanks Rick & Whoo Calls), hall is booked (Qu'Appelle Lions Hall). 

I still have some preparations to make.  Hair to dye, moustache to wax, toes to shave, you know the pretty stuff.  All glamour all the time at my age I tell you.   I don't know why we don't talk about the road to "pretty"  more often.  I tell you, getting there is not a pretty path.  More of a walk through the oilsands to get to the mountains.  But I digress...

If I get chance I will write again the night before the auction.  We are decorating that night, visiting and eating pizza.  I like the socializing side of things too.  It is a fun evening.  My favorite part though, hands down, is the morning after the auction.  We meet for clean up, eat as much as our upset tummies can handle of left over fruit for brunch, visit and just relax.  We put months of work into the auction.  That moment, the morning after the party is such a great feeling.  Even if we are a little "under the weather". 

So I will keep everyone as posted as I can in the next couple of days.  Have a good rest of the week.  Thanks for the read today and the "shares".  I really appreciate it!

I also want to thank my readers in Russia.  There are a couple that read all the time so thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I know your auction will be an amazing success. Have a wonderful time ladies!

    ReplyDelete