Friday 13 January 2012

Exciting Stuff!

It still amazes me at the great things that happen with Forever Friends.  Earlier this year we were asked to participate in an Inter agency Council with other organizations that also help people with cancer.  This agency came up with a navigation website that although is not quite up and running yet will be shortly.  This should help people that need help, get answers when they need it and in a way that is easy to understand. 

Just this week, we have been invited to a workshop that is going to help with getting the government to see some of the needs specific to breast cancer patients. 

We were lucky enough to be on the CTV Morning News Live this morning.  That was an awesome experience.  And they also let us know that they will let us be on again before the auction.  Hopefully the next time I won't be so nervous.  This time I forgot to smile and said "you know" a lot. 

We were approached by another group and asked if they could have a fundraiser in our honor.  This is a huge help to us because there are only nine of us on the board.  As I have mentioned before, we have no employees so it is us that puts the fund raising together.  We don't do it alone.  We have a great membership that does help us but the planning is up to us.  So when people help us it lets us help so many others.  We are so grateful to everyone who helps us in this way. 

We also gave away a prosthetic and two bras ($865.00) and are in the process of arranging care for another family(we will let you know).  So in my real world job, I won't lie to you, its been a tough week.  But in my real life passion it's been fantastic.  I can't thank everyone for all the support and kind words enough.  This is why I do what I do.  This is why Forever Friends does what it does. 

Thank-you all for reading, sharing, and talking about us.  I am forever grateful as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment