Sunday 1 January 2012

Smartphone fundraising among most compelling stories of 2011

Ironic that this follows the thinking in my last blog.
I also noticed the comment at the end. Charities have such a bad rap for this reason. The worst part is that I don't know the answer. I spend hours on FFOH every month and so does a lot of the board. In order to deal with all the paper work the government sends you almost need a professional accountant. In order to avoid being sued you really could use a lawyer. And in order to give FFOH the attention it needs takes a huge amount dedication.   The sad part is that charities with the best intention can burn out because people can only do so much. 

I am a real estate agent.  I work full time in an office that sells both insurance and SGI licencing products as well as the real estate.  I have two kids.  Our treasurer is a esthetician with three boys under the age of six.  Our secretary works at a Credit Union in lending full time and has three kids.  Our vice president is a teachers aide with three kids.  We have great board members that are very busy too. 

The answer might be just that many hands make light work.  I guess if we find organizations we support we should volunteer.  And we don't all have to work in a soup kitchen to volunteer.  Find any way to help and do it.  Call and ask.  I bet that any organization you support will be able to find something for you to do. 

Smartphone fundraising among most compelling stories of 2011

Have a look at this and then let me know what you think.  Thanks for reading today!

2 comments:

  1. Guess I am not alone as both a mom to three boys 5 years and under as well as work to support my family locally. And thank you for sharing your thoughts of charity work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt you are very boring. Thanks for reading. We all have a lot more in comman than differences. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete